I just want to say how much I LOVE that Mia has no inhibitions. She believes whole heartily with the faith of a child. She tells it how it is, and it's all truth to her. I love to watch her dance, and she's dancing all the time now. Well, at least it 'dancing' to her. She twirls, jumps, shakes her head and her hips. She taps her feet and spins around with her hands in the air. It's so innocent and pure and I love it. She does it in front of me or when she thinks no one is around. She's not embarrassed of self-conscious and it's so great.
She'll tell you she's cute and she thoroughly believes it, and she tells me I'm cute too! And, I'm glad she believes that as well. She's at the age where she loves to love. She'll run in every so often and just hug me, or say that she NEEDS a kiss. I'm more than happy to oblige.
I'm just so in love with this little girl. Sometimes when I look at her it breaks my heart to remember the child she was when I first met her in 2005. I'm so glad adoption reopened and I was able to bring her home. Now she has someone to dance for, someone to fill her need to love and be loved. When she says her prayers at night she always says, "thank you God for home".
I'm so happy that this is her home!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Mia
Posted by Mia's Mommy at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Okay, this post made me get teary-eyed for some reason. It's one of the sweetest posts I've read lately. I hope my Petunia is very much like Mia when she gets a little older.
Wow way to make us sob on a Monday night!!!!! That was so amazingly poetic and sweet. I love Miss Mia too. What a spirit - she gets it from her mama
I agree, great post. Mia is a lucky girl to have such a great mama who loves her so dearly!! Thanks for the support on my blog!
She IS cute. Her mommy is also cute - so, she's 100% correct on both fronts!
Gretchen
You guys have such an amazing story and history. What an awesome mom Mia has and what an awesome girl you have.
Ohhh Melissa! i'm so happy too that Mia is yours and you are hers! you are a family much blessed and i'm just so thrilled to hear these sweet stories of your little dancing queen. i can't wait for our two girls to meet and do the jitterbug together!
Post a Comment