Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Graduates

So it's been a while (6 months!). I can't believe that it's been that long since I've posted, but that's a really good indication of my life in that same time frame. My biggest news right now is that my baby Mia has graduated pre-school and my oldest has graduated high-school. Yep, that'll be one starting kindergarten and one starting college this coming fall. Whew!

Here's Miss Mia waiting to get her diploma...


Diploma in hand, Mia's off to hug the founder of the school (balding man in front row). He's the original principle and has attended all 41 graduations.


Goodbye hug with her teacher...


With Big Sissy on high school graduation day...


After the ceremony in their matching dresses (yes I did that!)...


Big sister spent a majority of her last semester doing volunteer work in Vietnam. She loved it there and is already saving her money to return. I'm really proud of her.

In Vietnam visiting with some of the children the agency I work for supports...


In other big news, Nicole and Kinhly are coming to visit for a week. I'm so excited, and so is Mia. We've planned to go to Chattanooga and Ohio to meet up with friends.

An update for those of you who used to follow along on the blog I shut down:
  • I'm still in school, even taking summer session which is kicking my butt!
  • I'm still working for the agency I love.
  • My dad is STILL alive!!! God's given us another year with him, thank you Lord!
  • Still homeschooling, but I've hired my mother to help with the boys.
  • Mia will start kindergarten in PUBLIC school! GASP!

6 comments:

Chandra said...

OMG! I totally thought my Google Reader was lying when it showed there was a new post from your blog. It's so good to "hear" from you.

Congrats to Mia on Graduating! And I'm so happy to hear you still have your Dad around.

Don't wait so long before you post again!

Susan said...

I promise that I have been thinking about you and meaning to email. I know, I know... good intentions and all that.

I'm glad you took a few minutes to update everyone and to post pictures. Yay for the graduates!

I hope you have a great summer. Don't work/study too hard!

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Only 2 more days!!!!!

Melissa said...

It's so good to get an update, I was honestly just thinking of you the other day. Looks like all is well, congrats to your girls :)

Elaine said...

Congratulations to both graduates! We're taking the public school plunge in the fall as well, but just with the oldest two. Good luck with your classes! Oh how I'd love to go back to school myself, but I don't think I could handle it right now.
Elaine

Terynn said...

OMWord. I was so surprised to hear of all your latest and greatest news---your dad, especially!

I can't imagine how proud you are of your oldest. She is a wonderful person!!

And Miss Mia...off to kindergarten! It is hard to believe.

Post some pics of the fun you are having with your visitors, will ya? That would be swell!