Saturday, September 20, 2008

Two Year Anniversary

Wow. Time has seriously flown by! Yesterday, VN time, today, US time was the two year anniversary of our G&R. Oh, Mia was such a scared little peanut. She was pitiful. I can't believe how much she's changed, and I'm so blessed by her every single day.

She was asleep when we got to the orphanage (you can tell it was a special day, Mia had a dress on and their were mats in the cribs)


The nanny woke her up


She wasn't thrilled


back on the swing where I'd held her the first time we'd ever met the year before


signing "the book" at the G&R


terrified Mia at the G&R


1st time she'd seen herself in a mirror; 1st bath right after the G&R


both of us were worn out (emotionally spent!)


Mia's 1st flight


look at that face!


hotel in Hanoi


The Princess Now!

14 comments:

Chandra said...

Wow look how much she has changed! Happy Anniversary.

LaLa said...

Happy Family Day...she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Elaine said...

It is amazing how much she has grown! She is just so beautiful. Congratulations on this wonderful anniversary.

Terynn said...

I keep coming back to look at these photos of your girl, then and now. She has always been beautiful, but the first photos make my heart hurt. Her beauty haunts me. Now, her beauty lights up the room! She is wonderful and loved and secure and belongs!! I'm so happy for you all.

Anonymous said...

Wow, she has grown so much and looks so happy! Congratulations on two years!

Susan said...

I don't know why, but I got misty-eyed looking at these photos. Congratulations on your anniversary. Your daughter is such a beautiful, happy little girl.

Susan said...

Oh, BTW, it looks like I'll be in Knoxville sometime in October -- just for the day. Maybe we can meet for lunch?

Sarah said...

I remember those pictures so clearly. Happy Family Day! She is such a beautiful little girl.

Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Happy 2 years! What a sweet scared little peanut she was... and how beautiful and healthy and happy she looks now!

Laura said...

Wow! Happy two years together as a family. She's so beautiful. Not that she wasn't when she first joined your family, but she looks so happy and healthy now. (BTW, your blog disappeared from my google reader and I'm so far behind. How did that happen?!)

Karin said...

I can't get over how beautiful Mia is! Happy two year anniversary. You have a beautiful family!

Over-Caffeinated said...

I just found your blog through who knows where (blog surging again!) and your daughter is totally gorgeous. I have three adopted chidren myself and your blog is precious. Thanks for sharing!

Ondrea Harrison
http://ephesiansonefive.blogspot.com

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Isnt it hard to believe how quickly they've grown?
She's SO beautiful Missy!

Emily said...

happy 2 years together!
she is so beautiful!