Monday, September 01, 2008

Guess Who's FOUR!

I cannot believe she is four years old now. I met her when she was 14 months old. Our G&R was almost a month after her 2nd birthday. I cannot get over that she is four, wow. We had a great birthday this year. Much better than last year. (we have the same birthday) Although, this year I had the grand idea of holding her party outside at the park...in 93 degree weather. We had it in the evening but still, it was soooo hot. Needless to say, it was one of the shortest birthday parties ever! We did pick up the partying back at home when the grandparents came over though. I still look at her in amazement every single day and thank God that she is here, with me, and that I am blessed to look in those beautiful brown eyes and see that impish little grin on her face. Here are some birthday pictures at the park.


mmmm Kroger cake (haha)




Mia's brothers chowing down (& sister who refuses to look at the camera!)


opening up Street-Walker Barbie "Totally Color It" (urghh a Barbie with wax hair dye dressed like a hooker)


opening Barbie Mariposa


Mia wanted a laptop and I found this great Cinderella VTech laptop. She's played with it the most so far.


I couldn't resist getting a little something for Kimberlee to open too.


a sweet moment between godmother & goddaughter





my favorite picture. the girl who loves sand yet hates the texture. go figure

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

(Kinhly, you were missed!!!)

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday girls!! Looks like fun.

Chandra said...

Happy Birthday Mia! Love the little mermaid cake, looks like everyone had a good time.

LaLa said...

Happy Birthday...what a beautiful 4 year old!!! Hey, we did the Kroger Ariel cake last year...yum!!!

Susan said...

Happy birthday to both of you! The cake looks totally yummy, and I think Mia racked up on the gifts. Glad the hot weather didn't totally spoil the fun.

Brenda said...

Happy birthday to you both! Can't believe she's 4! wow to hear the rest of the world is burning up and here in the great midwest we're having awesome weather!

Terynn said...

Happy Birthday to two special people. The party looks fun, despite the heat. Mia is gorgeous!! And did older, anonymous sis get a haircut?

Stepping on Legos said...

Happy birthday big girl!!!! I can't believe she's 4!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Our babies are four! I can't believe it! We miss her too! I hope we can arrange it for next year.
The photos don't make it look like it was too hot. You're such a big baby! haha

Mia's Mommy said...

ha! It was hot! I'm not trying to hear it from you of all people...zoo in Ohio ring any bells???

Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Happy Birthday Mia! And happy birthday to you too!

Elaine said...

Happy birthday to both of you! I think she is just getting cuter and cuter!
Elaine

foppa said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, I can't believe she is 4 years old already. She was such a tiny little one when I last saw her it's hard for me to believe it's already been 3+ years! She looks so happy and beautiful and I am so happy for you all!

tina